07-09-2020, 03:33 AM   #35
RayoVac
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by G050i View Post
You and Rayovac inspires me to try again. I'll give it another college try this weekend. I hope I don't give up from frustration to fast. Lol.

In terms of what you're both saying it all makes sense and if I remember correctly I've been able to physically locate all the 3 screws with my fingers before but it's getting a tool in there and loosening them that trips me up. Either way I'll try again and fingers crossed. I really hate having the chrome tips on my 50i when everything else is shadowlined.

Thanks again guys
Yeah, again... those ones to the outside edge in my opinion are by far the hardest. They are hard to get a socket on, hard to keep the socket on while you turn the ratchet.. just plain hard. But again, once you get it while the socket slips off now and then, it gets easier to find the sweet spot to get it back on. Now I don't know if the back is different when you have hitch vs. no hitch, but for that top blind one I pretty much enter my hand arm near the middle of the car and reach up and over from that point... if that makes sense. There is a lot of room from that point, almost bury past my elbow with my whole arm up in there. Because of this ability, the EASIEST of the three is that top blind one. I can have that one out in less than a minute. And almost the same way I can get that one down lower beneath it... not quite as easy as being lower I can't reach it quite the same way from that center entering of my arm... but it still pretty easy. Give it a go, you will figure it out.
Appreciate 0