LAKERS333
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuicyYumboYack View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAKERS333 View Post
Just sold our Chevy Tahoe in this crazy used market and will need another family hauler for my wife.

I was considering the Model Y or X5 Xdrive 45e for gas saving purposes.

Our commutes are not long and I can live with the 31 mile range although we do alot of road trips from LA to Las Vegas and also LA to Mammoth. Just wondering how everyone has liked it so far and if any have similar needs for the car and how do you like it so far?

Thanks all!
I think it's worth doing the math and getting an idea of how much you would actually save by getting a 45e. I think some tend to underestimate the cost of electricity, and I've definitely seen a bump in my electric bill.

Also, have you been able to test drive the x5? The rear leg room isn't great. We have a baby plus a dog, and so the x5 works great for us for now. But if I had another kid that was older, the x5 feels too small.
I will be going to showrooms this week to get an idea of the leg room and overall space. You make a good point about the electric bill, definitely will consider the increase. I have a 3 week old and a 7 year old, so just hoping it would work. Would rather buy an X5 than to buy a new Tahoe as they are very nice but the gas is just terrible since it has the same 5.3 engine from 2015.
Appreciate 0