View Single Post
      09-08-2021, 11:33 PM   #66
Wes335XI
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335XI Space Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by allinon72 View Post
Yes. From what I understand, BMW basically outsourced their military discount program to Penfed in lieu of an in-house program. So all dealers should accept it, but of course some dealers are better than others at interpreting discounts that their own manufacturer offers.

I will note that BMW seems to be moving towards ID.me for military discounts, so I don't expect the Penfed program to be around for long.
That's actually not true. I believe there is still an in house program and that's through BMW HQ direct. But to clarify, yes, there is still a military discount that's through I.D.Me, but that's linked to the BMW website. You get your approval and choose a dealer to work with. It's actually pretty neat and quick, it takes less than 5 minutes if you already have an I.D.Me account.

But I have ordered my wife's 2013 335XI through the BMW Military Sales Program through Germany (BMW AG) Direct. Those incentives and discounts surpass the "PenFed" promotion. I've also ordered my 2022 BMW X5 direct through BMW AG again and the discounts and incentives also surpass the PenFed Promotion substantially.

I understand this thread is about PenFed, but if you are Active Duty Military or deployed overseas, there are much better options out there. And you're dealing with BMW HQ out of Munich Germany, which is pretty awesome in my opinion. The customer service and experience is pretty phenomenal. It has exceeded my expectations every time.
2022 X5 MSport Alpine White/Tartufo Merino - Inbound
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18183.50