10-28-2021, 11:08 AM   #7
ntg44
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 4.2 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
Funny how time alters perception. For most of the 2010s, the LFA was overlooked and had somewhat lukewarm reviews. Nobody really cared for how it looked either or its price tag and they had trouble moving them off the lots. The LaFerrari, 918, and P1 were much more coveted.

Nowadays it's becoming another MK4 Supra.
Because when the LFA came out, sports cars in general were still advancing in the directions enthusiasts wanted/expected them to. The only thing holding the LFA back was its price in my opinion. Then around 2015 everything shifted way too heavily towards efficiency, insulation/isolation, and crash test regs, so now all of the cars which were glossed over 10 years ago are all of a sudden more interesting and sought after. I don't blame the enthusiast perception for changing at all when you look at the majority of what's on sale today. It's mostly lame and if it isn't, it looks terrible or polarizing at best.

I've said this many times before and it's not without exceptions, but in general, modern cars suck. This is why older sports cars are rising in value much sooner than ever before, regardless of the pandemic. I consider the new Z06 to be the swan song for the good old days. The last greatest car before the electric takeover.
stein_325i25083.00
jesm207.50