View Single Post
      01-16-2019, 12:36 AM   #9
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by The J-Man View Post
Not at all. It was one of the first things I noticed about the new X5, and it is completely unacceptable in a car that exceeds $100k. I mean, they are giving us the option for a full merino interior and Alcantara headliner, but the door pockets are the same as a Chevy Aveo. What gives? It's totally inconsistent and shows a lack of attention to detail, a disdain for the customer, or a bit of both. BMW should be embarrassed, and I'm sure many of the employees who worked to design the new X5 are. I'm actually undecided on whether I would buy the car over this very issue. I've never had hard door pockets on a car costing this much. My E92 335, E70 X5 and my current 550 all had soft materials.
When I ordered the G05, I frankly didn't notice. I agree that its not becoming of a car of this price range and BMW should know better. On the other hand, the G05 is so brilliant otherwise, I wouldn't consider changing my decision over such a minor (in the scheme of things) design flaw.

If my G05 arrives with no liner in the door pockets, I'll gladly make my own and carry on.
Appreciate 1
ted99242.00