View Single Post
      10-08-2018, 06:21 PM   #56
ezmaass
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 650xi GC / '15 Audi R8 V10

Ugh, BMW... I've loved and driven your cars religiously for 20 years now, but if you're going to make a supercar, MAKE a supercar.

I bought an Audi R8 before it went out of production (Gen-1). Why? Because it gave me 10 naturally aspirated cylinders of pure bliss. And in the 4 years now that I've owned it, it hasn't disappointed. It screams to nearly 9k RPM and makes all the sounds a supercar should make, while looking fantastic. WHY, BMW, can't you do this?? I would have much preferred to buy a BMW "R8" if you made one...

Now, sadly, you continue to go in the opposite direction. Yes, I understand that times (and drive-trains) change, but a supercar is still a specialty thing - you can afford to go off the beaten path to give enthusiasts something to lust over. I don't lust over silent cars. I also don't get excited about seeing silent movies. SOUND is an important, visceral sensory input for us humans.

And now you continue to disappoint me with the plans to scrap the V12 from the M760 and never put it in the new 8-series. As a 650 GC owner, I'm not sure the 8 offers me much more - I was hoping it would be the next step up. Now, not only isn't there a V12, but even run-of-the-mill luxury options like a premium audio system (B&O) aren't available?

What's going on over there, BMW?
Appreciate 0