Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ML INC View Post
If I understand your process:

What is your opinion on use GS as a strip wash?
That's the process! yeah it's pretty easy and if you're careful and never touch the paint without plenty of lubrication, you'll get very little marring. On my 2018 Tanz M4, even after 3 years it still looked great - you could seem some slight spiderwebs here & there, but not much at all for 3 years!

As for GS, yeah, I've always wanted to try it! I use Superior Products stuff (Road Warrior & Pink Perfection - haven't tried Dark Fury yet) just because it's so cheap and easy to get (O'Reilly's) and really is great stuff - it's basically like Koch-Chemie's Super Foam just way cheaper.

Here's a great video with a very similar process (yes wheels, but all steps/principles are the exact same for paint):

This talks about Superior stuff in stripping road film, the real enemy:

As for stripping the protection, maybe, maybe not The key is, I don't really care since I'm putting on new protection and I've discovered over time, for me, just don't overthink it: spray it, chem wash it, contact wash it, dry & protect it. If I keep that to as few steps as possible, then I can do a decent wash in 20 min and hardly any set up / tear down time.

Here's another 12 min version of a wash ... but he's got PPF & ceramic and he doesn't use the best process (too much high-end stuff) but it's in the same ballpark:

Swap out the pressure washer & foam cannon for a Marolex or iK sprayer like Anthony uses and you can do the same thing for < $50

Last edited by GrussGott; 02-01-2022 at 03:08 AM..
Appreciate 1
4ML INC65.50