United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 214ryan View Post
Wash in one direction with waffle weaves
Take dry Pearl microfiber in 1/4 and spray with TWFW
Important update: The Rag Company has a valentines sale on a few really nice MFs for cheap - I just bought 24 Dragos for $24!

Even though Dragos are edged & chinese-made (Korean-made are a bit higher quality but not hugely so), given I can get so many for dirt cheap it's a good buy for me. The downside to edged MFs is they're hard to fold in 4ths and don't hold that shape well until they're pretty broken in. That's ok for me as I usually just fold them in half and use twice as many - it still means each one gets you 4 panels. For the X5 I usually call it 14 - 16 panels which means 4-5 for washing, 4-5 for drying, and 4-5 for protectant - then I have a few extra for various things, thus 24 dragos easily does the trick.

If you want to spend the $, then the Edgeless 500s in the sixy pack are a great deal too, $60 for 18 (saves $3 on shipping) or $20 for 6. 500 is a little more plush than I like for RWs but they're a higher quality towel with no edge so they're a bit easier to work with. Can't go wrong with either IMO. I love the 500s for dry interior quick dusting because you can be super light over the surface and pick up dust without scratching the plastics in the X5. Spiderwebbing on those plastics drives me nuts!

MF Care Tips:

(1.) Wash MFs before first use

(2.) Wash MFs correctly
No hot water! No fabric softener & only Rags-to-riches detergent, no dryer sheets & maybe no dryer at all or only on low or no heat, NEVER wash with anything other than other MF, wash really dirty rags (wheels & tires) separately. For really dirty rags soak them overnight first separately from not very dirty ones (I always have one set for wheels / tires only) in rags-to-riches solution.

(3.) Dry & Store them correctly
Make sure the dryer is de-linted first or line dry them (if you use high-spin on the washer they dry really fast). If you do use the dryer, air dry or low heat only. Store them in lint free, dust free place; ideally use a large clothes storage bag (only MFs of course) - that way you're sure when they come out they're max functionality to pick up dirt.
Appreciate 4
seoul32.00
Tch-Nrd124.50
P111572.00