GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahrfun View Post

Question: Did they give you alcantara for the retractable sunroof shade on your X5M (I can't tell from your photo)?
No, it's fabric, but oddly that doesn't bother me - it kinda makes more sense and I think if I'd have gotten the choice I'd still pick the fabric as I like the difference in textures like how the leather dash breaks into the Alcantara headliner which breaks into the fabric pano cover. I can totally see wanting it the same but different-things-different-fabric makes more aesthetic sense to me.

Reminds me of an ED I did:

I had gone back & forth for months with BMWNA on an IM interior, exchanging drawings & such (I wasn't doing anything fancy btw! just a very few colors & stitching). Anyway, I get to Munich, see the car for the first time, and tell the attendant one part of the interior was exactly as I'd spec'd and he immediately said something like, "oh yes, the engineers changed the design from the way you had it to the German way"

Oh. Alrighty then.

I know the pano roof cover was originally alcantara, but I like thinking of the way it is now as "the German way".
Appreciate 0