Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
Another example would be my girlfriend. She definitely doesn't drive anyplace close to 50 miles a day (more like 5-10). Yet she could occasionally drive from Metro NY to Oklahoma City (1300 Miles) to visit her family without ever even thinking about charging. The other part of this is her parents live in a condo in OKC and can't provide charging while she stays with them. So for long trips it would act like a conventional vehicle, yet act like an EV for her everyday use.
You guys bring this comparison havent had a 50mile range car, have you? I have. I can tell you what that looks like. Range anxiety on daily. You dont always charge the car every day. You dont always have that option everywhere. It takes hours to charge, you know.
Um- this isn't a 50 mile range car. That's the point... As long as there is a gas station around you have a near-unlimited range vehicle and zero range anxiety. Plus you can use this vehicle for long trips without planning your route around lengthy charging stops.