10-17-2019, 11:08 AM   #37
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by natahoa View Post
I fully understand that, as the driver, I am responsible. But I am not responsible for the incompetence of a company that can’t get its tech working as promised, and doesn’t provide any way for dealers to get parts for repair.

My insurance is paying for it, which means I am paying for it. Lesson learned. It was fun while it lasted but I’ll find a car that has more reliable tech and better service. I can afford the hit. Car has got to go.
Nancy,
We all know the tech in the G05 is as flakey as home made apple pie crust...one of the reasons I am still sitting on the bench. We also know that for some unknown reason, BMW is lacking in their ability to have replacement parts readily available. Thing is, if you don't need replacement parts, you don't care and if you don't use the flakey tech stuff, you don't care. So we buy the cars thinking that only the other guy will have these issues. However, you knew all this before buying it due to this great forum and owners willingness to share the not-so-great stuff.

Unfortunately, you now need parts so you certainly do and should care and get frustrated, I would too. However, take a step back from it all and remember how much you like your X5. You can sell it and switch to something else but it won't please you as much as your X5 does. It won't drive like it, won't accelerate like it, won't look like it, won't have the wonderful interior the X5 does. You will miss it.

Continue your approach with BMW because you don't get what you don't ask for and keep the pressure on your dealer to get your car fixed but accidents happen and cars get fixed and that's what insurance is for. I have had two windshields replaced which cost more than three years of my car insurance, Im happy that I am finally getting something in return for the years worth of insurance premiums I've paid

You are not the first to have an accident in an X5, you'll come out of this ok and be back behind the wheel with a smile on your face. ..and, this is your opportunity to tell the repair center to put a little metal behind the bumper so you can use your magnetic cat stickers Hang in there.
Appreciate 2
perikifi165.50