View Single Post
      06-13-2023, 01:34 PM   #18
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by walketed View Post
I just found out at least in the US that if the car stays in the shop for 15 days or more is cause to claim it as a lemon.
Not true at all, Lemon laws vary by state.

You are in Florida and 15 days doesn't qualify it as a Lemon. That is just when the consumer can give notice to start the process.

"If the vehicle is in and out of the authorized repair shop for repair of one or more different problems for 15 or more cumulative days, the consumer must give written notification of this fact to the manufacturer (not the dealer), by certified, registered or express mail. Check the warranty book or owner’s manual or other written manufacturer supplement for the address given by the manufacturer. A Motor Vehicle Defect Notification form may used for this purpose. Click here for the Instructions and Motor Vehicle Defect Notification form. After the manufacturer’s receipt of the notification, the manufacturer or its authorized service agent must have at least one opportunity to inspect or repair the vehicle.The consumer may be eligible for a purchase price refund or a replacement vehicle if the vehicle is out of service for repair of one or more nonconformities for a cumulative total of 30 or more days."

https://www.myfloridalegal.com/lemon...emon-law-works