Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by avengerboater View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
Guys, my CA called and found out ALL Week 51 50is are delayed because BMW is incompetent and honestly has failed us. I'm not only disappointed but also very bothered by their lack of communication and poor planning. My order has been in for 5-6 weeks and they still couldn't get their sh*t together which is unacceptable. I don't know if I'm going to buy an X5 or another BMW at this point if they treat customers like this. Both myself and the CA did our parts on time yet we are left with maybe a Week 2 or 3, yes that far away build which is atrocious! Let this be a lesson: don't ever trust BMW to build anything on time or tell you if the car made whatever arbitrary cutoff they defined.
What was their reasoning for the delays?
Per BMWs style none was given other than they couldn't make whatever cutoff to finish before shutting down. Basically they failed to produce vehicles as expected and screwed over their customers all while not saying a word until my CA spoke with the regional rep to find out what's going on. I really like my current BMW, this whole situation is really a slap in the face to every customer with a W51 50i. They sure know how to kill brand loyalty. I'm calling BMW NA tomorrow, I really don't think they will care or fix anything. I'll probably get some half hearted apology followed by a 'do you need anything else' which will only further kill the brand for me. I might go back to Audi or with something else if they can't pull their head out of their figurative a's. I'm giving them a chance to fix the issue which is more than they deserve for the poor handling of the ordering process. I'm always very professional when it comes to these things and while I hope for the best I know it likely won't end well.

I want to ensure everyone at least gets some clear guidance from this OP since BMW can't provide any. If any BMW reps ever read this (doubtful) they should take action to fix this for each and every customer or risk losing more of they once loyal customers.
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0