View Single Post
      11-23-2006, 01:22 PM   #9
sflgator
Major General
Rep
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fester
JIMO - I'd rather wait for Dinan than void my warranty (I purchased 7 yr) with Xede or something of that kind. Dinan puts forth a lot of R&D in developing BMW specific products and time taken to do that is understandable. You don't know what would go wrong with aftermarket products. I am just one of those 'paranoid' kind of people who don't wanna mess with ~$60K investment. Again, its JMO
It's obvious that you're planning on keeping your 335i for a very long time, and good for you...it's a great car! However, many of us lease our cars for a short time (my 335i is on a high mileage -- 20k mi./yr. 30-month lease) and then we're on to our next car; so, waiting around for a year for a company like Dinan to get their $hit together doesn't cut it...it's just a waste of time and wishful thinking. If I'm adding a mod, I'm going to do it at the beginning of my lease, so I can get the most out of it for as long as I can.

With the Xede, provided I get another BMW 3'er in 2 1/2 years, it's very possible I may be able to transfer it to my new car with a remapping by Shiv (and yes, based on his company's history, I'm sure he'll still be around). Even if it's not possible, at least I can have a lot of fun with the Xede in my 335i Coupe for the next 2 years while some of you are "waiting around" for Dinan's 335i chip upgrade!

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |

Last edited by sflgator; 11-23-2006 at 08:36 PM..
Appreciate 0