View Single Post
      11-23-2006, 08:34 PM   #18
sflgator
Major General
Rep
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvwirelessguy
I can see why some owners would rather wait for Dinan since they have only focused on BMWs and because you can go to your local dealer and have it installed and warrantied.

I think the work that Shiv has done has been phenomenal, but this is his first BMW product and anyone who buys the xede right now is basically a paying guinea pig for the most part
I too can understand why some can/would wait for the Dinan 335i chip; however, timing is everything to others. Also, in regards to Shiv Vishnu's Xede and being 'guinea pigs,' I'd have to say yes and no...yes b/c Shiv only now just developed the Xede maps (and Xede integration) specifically for the BMW 335i (his first test car is his own 335i Coupe!) and no b/c Shiv's Xede product has been used for several years now on other FI turbo cars like the Mistu Evo/Subie WRX Sti, so the Xede itself is not a "new" product...it's been fully tested for years.

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0