PresaMat
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 67 GT500,69 Boss 429, 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvwirelessguy
I can see why some owners would rather wait for Dinan since they have only focused on BMWs and because you can go to your local dealer and have it installed and warrantied.

I think the work that Shiv has done has been phenomenal, but this is his first BMW product and anyone who buys the xede right now is basically a paying guinea pig for the most part
Guess what... the first people buying Dinan will be the same. Hell the first people buying the 335i are doing the same. Dinan isnt doing much different... do you really think he has 100 cars that have his 335i kit on right now doing long term testing? No. He probably has barely started on it and the first people to buy it will most likely be the real testers. Would I like to get a mod that is 100% covered by warranty? Yes. But would it have the same performance as shiv's? Very unlikely. Do I want to pay 3K for something that doesnt give much of a performance boost? Personally no. $3k for the performance shiv is getting is OK. Now paying $3K for an extra 25-30RWHP that is covered by warranty? IMO i would rather stay stock.

No flames intended just my humble opinions.

Mat
Appreciate 0