View Single Post
      11-19-2013, 12:18 AM   #18
JN1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: S211 AMG E63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronze View Post
A guy here at work has a Shinola. He loves it, and I think it looks better in person than in any photo. I don't have a problem that the founder is previously behind Fossil. Seems like a lot of people buy expensive brands out of Switzerland even though Swatch Group owns many of them. Doesn't seem to bother them that the parent is famous for watches in crazy colors for under $100.
I was just going to ask if anyone had seen one of these in person. I'm thinking about picking one up to add to my collection. A clean 'American' made watch is nice to diversify the collection IMO. I'll have to check out a shop that has them in stock nearby. I'm thinking the place inside OC Mix that sells their other stuff must have them there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
[LIST=1]

RPaige is doing something rather novel, though some vintage-watch snobs don't care for it, folks who don't care if a watch is vintage or not might well enjoy them. http://www.rpaigewatch.com/
RPaige is 'novel' but their fonts are way too huge IMO and they look a bit too whimsical for my personal tastes. That's just me though.