06-19-2017, 08:51 AM   #1
stooker
F80 n00b
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 F80 / '06 S2K

Farer Watches?

Ran across an ad for Farer.

Anyone own one, know anyone who does, or seen/handled one in person? The company reads like a Kickstarter campaign, and I didn't find much about them on dedicated watch forums. Found articles mostly on fashion/lifestyle sites which is a little worrisome. However, they tick the boxes for a decent watch - recognized ETA movement, sapphire crystal, superluminova. The price range is a bit over what I would buy on impulse. The automatic three-hand msrp is $1,075 US, but I think $750-850 would have been a better price range for an unknown company.

Some observations and things that stand out to me:
- Edge domed crystal: if it's like the hesalite crystal on my Speedy Pro, that's a huge plus for me because I love how things distort around the edges
- Bronze crown: a little gimicky and don't really see the purpose, but I'm interested to see how they look after the patina sets in; reminds me of the bronze case Panerais
- I like the use of brighter colors in the dial and hands - a departure from the mostly bland monotone watches out there, but not overdone either
- Not a fan of that chintzy circle date window partially covering the 6 o'clock text
- Wish they offered a manual wind version

Just thought I'd ask here to see if anyone has any additional info.

Appreciate 0