View Single Post
      03-14-2020, 05:42 PM   #49
Skilly
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul45 View Post
On any custom build, would strongly recommend checking through BMW "My Garage" to see if car is optioned correctly.

Had just placed an order for G05 X40i with ivory white/navy blue seats and "Alcantara headliner in upholstery color" which shows up to be a light-colored headliner on the BMW configurator.

Just happened to check on the BMW site and was surprised to see that the dealer ordered "Anthracite Alcantara headliner" instead which is truly opposite of what we wanted.

Though the order was placed just 2 days ago, the dealer could not change the order to "Alcantara headliner in upholstery color"; apparently the BMW system is not allowing them to change even though on the tracking site, it is on the very first step as "order received."

The worst part of this is the dealer would have to probably trade the car, and is looking for another allocation since he does not have any build allocation soon. Therefore, the car is going to be delayed at least a few weeks.

Hoping that MF does not change for the worse, if the car is ordered in March instead of February. Just to clarify, the order was all done by email so I did not sit with the dealer manager while he was entering the order in the BMW system.

Hope that helps!
The alcantara headliner as a selected option shows in the picture as ivory, but when you go to the build pics it shows it as navy blue. My guess is that this creates confusion for those building out their dream car, but you can see the build pics adjust as you select alcanta vs anthracite.

The only time it defaults to a white alcantara is selecting Ivory only seats. Also, in selecting Alcantara, you also have to select the merino leather option and premium seats ($3,500 option). The build summary pics then will show an ivory roof (note the color change in the A and B pilar).
Appreciate 0