View Single Post
      01-26-2021, 09:00 AM   #1
hiki08
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05

Self-deploying side steps on G05?

Wonder if anyone has given the thought of self-deploying side-steps/running boards a fancy on the G05?

Really enjoyed the experience when I had the chance to try them on the Range Rover (and other Land Rover products). The G05 isn't quite as tall but still not low. It would be much easier to entry and exit if there were self-deploying electric side steps.

I've tried and don't like the fixed running boards - have always found fixed running boards awkward to use as they don't stick out enough to make it a "step", nor are they low enough to make a big difference.

On searching online, there seems to be a few factories in China which purport to make them. Also came across Pegasus4x4 in the UK which seem to do them (https://www.pegasus4x4.com/bmw/bmw-x...-steps-bmw-x5/). Photo in the link is of a GLE but I emailed them and they sent a video of it on a what looks like an F15 previous gen X5. Screencaps below. I realise it's a left hand drive, so video must not have been taken in the UK. China, US, Russia...?

Any experience with any of these after-market mods?
Attached Images

Last edited by hiki08; 01-26-2021 at 09:05 AM..
Appreciate 0