View Single Post
      11-10-2021, 05:31 AM   #1
juancasala
Private
Rep
Drives: 45e +Wife’s i3

Sending letter to BMW NA about touchscreens

Hey all,

Started this on a new thread because the other ones are getting lengthy - and this one is rather about a letter.

I’m sending the following to two BMW NA executives that I found online.

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/bmw/

If you’re also concerned, I invite you to join me in sending them something similar, with my hope that if they hear from enough customers and realize the magnitude of the issue, they could reconsider how this is being handled.

P/s: I’m still planning to take delivery myself; mainly looking to protect my legal rights so later I can make a manufacturing defect claim

Executive Contacts

Primary Contact
Richard Powers
Department Head Customer Relations and Services
300 Chestnut Ridge Road
Woodcliff Lake, NJ 07677-7731
Rich.Powers@bmwna.com

Shaun Bugbee
Executive Vice President, Operations
300 Chestnut Ridge Road
Woodcliff Lake, NJ 07677-7731
Shaun.Bugbee@bmwna.com

Hello Mr Powers and Mr Bugbee,

I hope you, your families, and staff remain healthy and well during these times. I am a 3-time BMW owner, after moving from Porsche and Audi to your superior brand.

I can only assume that at your level, you are aware that brand-new 2022 X5’s and other models were just manufactured without a touchscreen, as I have learned on the forums, and finally confirmed by your company, along with many other concerned customers.

https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...869843&page=24

Initially, I was thinking I would be okay without a touchscreen, but at this day and age they’re truly vital - especially to use Apple CarPlay in the way it was designed.

What’s even more concerning is the lack of communication from your company. As I placed my order through my local dealership, I get access to the status of the car via MyBMW, including the list of features.

Nowhere does it say Deletion of Touchscreen, but the forum members were able to figure out that Deletion of Backup Assist corresponded with this manufacturing defect, which can also be verified via the VIN Decoder as listed under “6UY”.

If I’m forced to sign a document from BMW when I take delivery of the vehicle, I hereby also confirm I will not waive my legal rights, and my expectation is that BMW will fix the cars and install the touchscreen once the parts are available.

On a personal note, seeing all the feedback from the dozens of forum members, may I suggest this is the only appropriate response from the company, given our expectations when purchasing an excellent brand, and at this price point.

Feel free to get in touch, if needed.

Respectfully,

VIN #
Appreciate 4
hulu106.00
GrussGott18198.00