View Single Post
      11-10-2021, 05:25 PM   #12
dananelson1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 22 X5 45e, 13 X5xdrive50i SOLD

Touchless Screen X5's just went up in value and demand is suddenly sky high for these rare editions. . .
"I have the rare touchless edition, yes created out of covid supply chain constraints, but created for the true driver . . . the ultimate driver".
If they would have given us EU range from battery in exchange or extra HP, They could have upcharged the touchless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Yeah, I don't think those waivers won't be worth much if a decent law firm decides to do a class action, especially given the current market conditions ...

I was in a class-action for Audi (so dananelson1 you're not wrong about collective power), had signed the waiver, but still got a 4 figure check ... which I can't discuss

... So the problem for BMW in a class action is the same problem Audi had in that case:

(1.) Bad BAD PR especially given this has already hit the web - my Audi thing didn't have that,

(2.) They have pay attorneys because the odds of using inside staff is about zero ... and it'll be a negotiated settlement because public discovery would be horrendous PR.

(3.) *WHEN* BMW settles they'll have to "pay" the CA attorneys which will get baked into the settlement somehow

(4.) BMW will have to up the remedy for buyers because otherwise why do negotiate

(5.) The technology & touchscreen-delete company isn't a great brand move in an EV world.

I'd be surprised if law firms, post The Verge article, weren't already running a case assessment on this.

Last edited by dananelson1; 11-10-2021 at 05:37 PM..
Appreciate 3