Skaufma0
Riding the Thin Blue Line
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i E92

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
First, I don't know much about Invicta. In my opinion, at that price, you can buy them like jewelry. In other words, if you like the look, buy it. You aren't buying "horological value" at that price, you're buying a cool looking watch. If you like it the way it looks, go for it. I cannot speak to reliability or quality or any of that, because I don't know them. I thought they were Chinese made, but not sure. I assume they are Quartz, and those tend to be reliable.

Everyone's watch game started somewhere. It shouldn't be about price or what others think. It should be about what you're looking for. It sounds like you are looking for a cool looking watch and a start to the hobby. I say dive in. At least you're not using your phone to tell time!
Yeah I'm just starting out and I've always loved watches, but never had the money or opportunity to put any effort into it. Eventually I'd love to get some actually worth something, but for now I'm either looking for a cool watch, or a watch that will take a beating like no other (work is rough on watches).