View Single Post
      10-06-2016, 04:00 PM   #19
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.mba View Post
As others have already mentioned invicta is a terrible watch to buy. You only have to see one in person to understand. My personal suggestion would be a classic Rado XL used. They can be had for very cheap and they are built to last. Engine is excellent and keeps good track of time +/- 1 min per month or so. Reserve is about 48 hrs. Stainless steel band is amazing quality. Check it out I think you will like it.

M
Many of the Rados use a lower grade ETA movement with 21600bph. Better watches can be had for the same price with a better movement IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookie45 View Post
I agree with you, the 89260B is the only Invicta I'd recommend getting. It's a simple, classic, submariner design. It has a screw down crown for extra waterproof protection and uses a Seiko automatic movement found in several Seiko 5 models. If you wait til Black Friday, Amazon will sell these under $70.
The style on these isnt bad, but the movements are crap. 21j japanese movements with low bph. If you are in the $100 and under price range, there are some better watches to be had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etek View Post
I don't like Invicta for their marketing scam. Watches are eh. I started out with one. But in that price range Seiko, Citizen, or any of the indy brands like Helgay, Maranez, Stevral are great watches. Some of the are on kickstarter.
I agree, most there watches are eh. Only one id consider are their higher end ones using the swiss movements. The Pro Diver 9937 used an ETA 2824 in older models and now uses the Sellita SW200. Movements are almost identical, have 28,800bph and are swiss made, robust movements. Can be found new for under $300 and used for under $200.

http://www.sears.com/invicta-men-s-p...Q&gclsrc=aw.ds
Appreciate 0