11-18-2019, 11:55 AM   #38
787Pilot
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in Bgm View Post
What happened between you and your dealer that caused you to say that? Last I remembered, you had a fantastic relationship with them.
Well, what I didn’t explain at first was “why” the dealer was doing so much at first to accommodate me.

The General Manager even admitted his Service Department was horrible. He said they “are not car guys” (his words). Even BMW NA suggested I take it elsewhere. Remember my 2016 F15? It is thought even by BMW NA the dealership screwed up that car and that led to its buyback.

I also overheard someone in the Service Department talking shit about me because he has gotten in trouble for not addressing the issues for many months and allowing the problems to grow. The General Manager threatened to fire him for saying what he said about me, but I said “Don’t!”

What happened recently was I had a cracked rear passenger window. I was planning to take the car somewhere else for what I was told was a simple repair. But the BMW dealer almost begged me into letting them try to regain my trust. So, I took the car there 4 days in a row, each time being told to bring it back the next day because they were unexpectedly crowded and wanted to be careful with my car. On the 4th day, I returned and was told the car would be ready at 3:00 PM. At 3:00 PM, the car was still sitting in the same place. So of course I was upset and took the car elsewhere. It was done in 2 hours.

The General Manager called me later that day and said they can’t seem to satisfy me, as if it was my fault. But he later said that’s not what he meant. He did! I’m told him I interpreted that as not wanting me to ever return, and for him, that is a grave mistake!

The bottom line is they are bad, just as “HE” said and all the giving me good deals on new cars ain’t fixing it! I’ve lost thousands in taxes and fees, and I bet they’ve lost nothing.

So that is the truth of the matter, and I’m tired of it.
Appreciate 0