View Single Post
      11-23-2020, 12:51 PM   #8
gofast182
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketrab View Post
Any recommendations for the safe detailing?
It's a pretty vague question. The biggest way you can make or break your car's finish is how you wash/dry it. That's where 90% of swirls come from.

Safe: 2 bucket method, dedicated microfiber mitts (one for wheels only, two+ for body only), and contactless drying when possible (otherwise a microfiber drying towel).

Not safe: Using one bucket of water and/or one mitt to wash the wheels and body -or- automatic car washes.

Only clay if it's absolutely necessary. Clay WILL mar the paint. Otherwise try to get away with chemical decontamination: tar remover and an iron remover.

For a LSP (last step product) your best bang for the buck is going to be a paint sealant. I'd suggest Jescar Power Lock+, Turtle Wax Seal and Shine (ignore the brand, it's a serious product), or 303 Graphene Nano Spray.

If you want to step it up from there you could look into real ceramic coating but since those are semi-permanent coatings you really need the paint corrected (polished) before you apply something like that and lock in whatever's underneath. For this type of product I'd suggest CarPro Cquartz Lite for someone without much experience with coatings.

Last edited by gofast182; 11-24-2020 at 10:18 AM..
Appreciate 0