10-19-2021, 07:11 PM   #15
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by brave-heart View Post
In additional to the huge cost saving from model X to 45e, other things to consider: the awkward yoke wheel on X, no 360 view, no blind spot mirror, no apple car play, no HUD, no laser light, no massage chair. Coming from BMW, 360 /HUD/blind detection for me are must have, not even mentioning the range anxiety.
On our Model Y, I have never felt the lack of blind spot indicator on the mirrors. If anything, it is easier to see the traffic around you on the screen because the UI is very good. IMHO. The interior is more plush in the X5 for sure. Although the new seats on the Tesla are very comfortable and the audio system on the Tesla is easily better than what is on the X5. Basically, ironically you are trading off speed, acceleration, power and likely handling compared to the X5 for a plusher interior and lower price. Usually people buy BMW for the reasons the Model X is better. In my case, the yoke is a deal breaker.

A colleague has a Model S Plaid and I have ridden in it. TBH, it will surprise a lot of people by how well built that thing is. The new Model X is likely similar.

Not having CarPlay on our Model Y is irritating, but Tesla's own Infotainment is excellent and Bluetooth integration with an iPhone is excellent as well. Plus it has wireless charging. Not having a HUD is IMHO the biggest missing feature in a Tesla. Never noticed lack of lighting and auto pilot (we don't have full self driving) is great for long highway drives. The handling is superb, but the ride is stiff. The Model Y handles at least as well as my F15 X5 with DHP. The Model X has Air Suspension that the Y does not, so it will likely be more comfortable.

Lastly, all Teslas have more rear leg room than an X5! But no Tesla has real leather…the X5 45e is more versatile since it is a PHEV.

Just depends on what is more important to you.
Appreciate 1
KRS_SN13698.00