View Single Post
      09-04-2010, 02:27 AM   #7
eff1dude
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: MY17 M3 Competition S/S

Spoke to my dealer today about these. I was out & about when he rang back so, from memory, the delete items were; Harmon Kardon stereo, CD stacker, heated seats, folding mirrors, comfort access, novillo leather (replaced with leather/anthracite cloth as per article), adaptive headlights and metallic paint. Inclusions are from the BMW Individual catalogue.

He did mention that extended connectivity of music player was now std. Also said that Nav was still included. Other items such as HK or Individual audio, EDC, M-drive, Sunroof, etc are still available as options but if you added these back in you'd be back up to 'normal' price pretty quickly.

Most of the delete items don't bother me, even though my current car has some of them (comfort access, adaptive headlights). Wouldn't even have minded if the nav was deleted and the price was another $4k cheaper <g>.

Commences as Nov build for Jan 2011 delivery.

I like the idea of an M3 that strips out some of the 'luxury' items that you mightn't want. You can always add them in if you need to. I understand that the small numbers sold in Oz mean that we don't have the configuration flexibility of the larger markets such as the US, but this fits the bill nicely. Quite tempting ....
Appreciate 0