View Single Post
      09-21-2022, 12:23 PM   #1
mbanks21
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i MSport

PNC lied to us about mortgage loan recast

Not sure what to do here. We bought a new house in July of this year and took out a $300k mortgage and told the loan person when we sell our old house we want to put $200k towards the loan and modify it (they call it recast I guess) and then pay the lower monthly payment on just $100k (always good to have revolving credit). They said no problem of course. Fast forward, we call them to do the loan modification, they say ok we'll take $200k from your checking and we'll submit the paperwork. Keep in mind at this point we've talked to at least half a dozen different PNC reps who all said "no problem".

We get a letter in the mail yesterday saying "sorry your lender does not offer loan modifications". Basically tough $hit, have a good day. We feel like we were lied to so they could get our loan. I mean, we WERE lied to, by numerous people. We have emails back and forth and of course all the calls are recorded. I've already submitted a complaint with BBB, SEC, and the state comptroller who apparently handles complaints for PNC. Anyone ever have something like this happen to them? And of course if we want to say F you and take our loan elsewhere, interest rates have gone up like 2% since we locked in our rate ~4 months ago.

Also to add both the wife and I opened checking accounts at PNC for this purpose, as well as a minor account for my daughter.