07-16-2020, 09:26 AM   #17
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRCHP View Post
Congrats!

Curious to hear your thoughts and experiences between the two. Now that I'm a family man, with a dog- my beloved M4 wont cut it. It is a BLAST to drive, paid off, and in mint condition, I just get so damn annoyed driving it around everyday.

I need a bigger car, it doesn't make a difference if it is a sedan or SUV, but these are my two choices.. pros/cons for both? Regrets? suggestions?

(ps- i live in fort lauderdale, ZERO off road, or mountains)
I just went from my F80 6mt to the F95 X5M for the same reasons you mentioned. Loved the F80 but it was tight on space. I have two kids and while it worked the car was always filled up to the max whenever we went anywhere. When I sat in the M5 at the dealer with my kids while it was much much nicer inside, it wasn't THAT much bigger overall. Bigger yes but not enough to change anything for me.

With that said the X5M is a lot bigger and yes even compared to previous gen X5's. In terms of driving dynamics its as close to a M3/M4 as you can get in a suv of this size. It rides firm but it also takes turns like you wouldn't believe. Its as if the laws of physics doesn't apply to this thing

Last edited by Alan l.; 07-16-2020 at 09:39 PM..
Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2339.50