09-19-2018, 02:24 PM   #554
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
I see your signature says you are from the NW and the Midwest. Wondering which of those locations your friend is from? I can see his technique being a goldmine in the midwest and failing miserably in the NW. Around here (Seattle) people are generally the most unfriendly and closed off of anywhere I have lived or visited. No one will look you in the eye. Any coffee shop you enter is a sea of people with headphones on, watching their electronic devices, shutting out the whole world. People legitimately give you the look of death if you even talk to them and say "hello." I grew up in Seattle and never knew any different. It wasnt until I started traveling extensively for work that I realized something was off. I still remember this chick striking up a conversation with me while in the TSA line at the airport. She was very friendly and pretty and my immediate gut reaction was to think "F*uck off, why are you talking to me? I'm in a hurry, no one likes the security line, I'm irritated, and you're chatting me up about nothing?" She said she was headed home to Chicago. I retold the story to a friend who grew up in the Chicago area and that's when he enlightened me that Seattle is pretty much F'd." I never knew!

So anyway, curious if your buddy who cleans up with the women in coffee shops by just chatting and being real is from Chicago or the NW.
He's born and raised in Vancouver and we go to grad school together in the midwest. His strategy has worked both places. Can't speak for Seattle since he's never lived there. The key according to him is to just come off as a friendly cool guy and have no expectations. In general he just strikes up conversation with anybody about anything, he never "expects" anything in return. People in general, not just girls, are very drawn to him.

In my experience there is truth to what you say about Seattleites. Lived in the area for 12 years now and have caught onto it. A lot of people within the city limits are too political and that's a sign to me that they are very judgmental and closed-minded! Eastside suburb folks are more my type.
Appreciate 1
DETRoadster11456.00