View Single Post
      03-08-2019, 04:42 PM   #77
Espejo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 Alpine White X5 40i

My windshield was replaced due to a crack from a rock kicked up from a passing truck. My SA said there as a "bad lot" of KAFAS cameras so they are being discontinued until it is resourced. My guess is that it was just one manufacturer or he may be stretching the facts a bit. They had just kicked it up to replace the vehicle when I got another call today from my SA saying they found a KAFAS camera that is guaranteed to work and BMW is sending it to the dealer by FedExp. He said give him a couple of days to fix it before they move forward with replacement. I can be a little more patient since it is just building up my "good will" credit with them. I hope to turn this into some Extended Warranty and Extended Service coverage. They mentioned cash this morning but I think I would rather have the coverage. That way piece of mind for the next 7 years or 125,000 miles. I figure I would get a couple of brake jobs, quite a few oil changes, spark plugs, etc. I also believe they may be more willing to deal if it along these lines instead of cash. We shall see.
Appreciate 0