Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X7 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by salfeet84 View Post
Thanks, I went ahead and ordered them...will install next week when here and update u guys
Can you take a few install pics for forum reference??
So I got my gloss black mirror caps and installed them today, pretty easy process as described in the video on this sub forum

1) Tilt mirror up all the way then use your wide prying tool to lift up till you start hearing some clicks and start feeling mirror is loose on bottom

2) I tilted the mirror down (using car controls) then applied a small amount of prying pressure from above and viola mirror is not attached to ring anymore

3) one difference between video is the G05 mirror is attached with 3 cables rather than 2 (as in video), 2 cables for electronics I guess and the third for the blind spot monitoring sensor on mirror. I didn't have to detach any cables to remove the mirror cap

4) the G05 mirror cap has 2 clips attaching it to the base, so I used two prying tools, one to push one of the inside clips to the side while using the other prying tool to apply pressure from the outside of the mirror cap, then did the same thing with the other clip and mirror cap just detaches while applying pressure on the second clip step.

5) I had to apply light prying pressure on the side and bottom of the mirror cap to get it to fully detach in a careful way, luckily none of the clips on either mirror cap broke.

6) attaching painted mirror caps was super easy and self explanatory, just align clips and apply pressure till you hear all the clicks and looks flush

7) final step is putting the mirror back in place, which is just applying pressure till you hear the clicks on the ring and mirror can move freely using car controls without any creaks or squeaking.
Appreciate 2
mhodx5111.50
Frenetic482.00