View Single Post
      02-24-2022, 09:04 AM   #7
ryan stewart
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 328it

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
That Asus XT8 looks like a sweet system. I've been wondering where to go once my Apple AirPort mesh starts to die. Knock on wood, it's still working great.

Does the Asus system have decent configurability?
TONS. You can still tell they market to gamers and nerds so you trade the clean, simple interface of Apple/Google/etc for an ugly interface that has tons of control.

You can individually optimize signals and test, bind devices to a specific node, they come with wired connections at each AP, can to wired backhaul, etc. The app lets you check the dba of each device, etc. You can monitor the routers performance as well, CPU, memory, throughput, etc.

I'm actually running my media server on my remote node wired and it really helped with multiple 4k streams I think because now its not sending and receiving the whole thing wirelessly. And the wireless backhaul doesn't miss a beat. I just ran a test and the media server and got an average of 762.6 of the 800Mb/s Im paying for. I have the option to put in wired backhaul since my house is pre-wired with cat6 but since it works so well Ive been too lazy to mess with it.

And then of course all of the family stuff, access control, scheduling, etc. The stuff that everyone else does that I dont use anyway.
Appreciate 0