12-31-2007, 02:34 PM   #16
darvo
Private
Rep
Drives: Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry335 View Post
Hi Gang,

We've been testing the 93+ octane hot pill now for a few weeks, and so far everything is going well. Not a single limp reported when coupled with the normal JB2. Reported boost gains have been .5-1psi over the normal JB2, and horsepower gains have been 8-13rwhp. Low end torque is also improved 10-20rwtq.

We have not been able to do what I consider sufficient hot weather testing, so for now I am going to suggest the hot pill be removed during the summer months. I also have not done sufficient high altitude testing, so for now I am going to suggest the hot pill not be used above 1500' altitude. I have reason to believe that high temps and/or high altitude could result in a limp, so just be aware of it. On the plus side the pill is pretty easy to install/remove in the JB harness (no need to unplug DME connector). And if it doesn't work out for you we will take them back.

Using the hot pill with the JB2R has been a mixed bag. Most have not had an issue when used with 96+ octane, but at least one user has been getting a limp code with it. When used with the R boost spikes to 15psi and holds around 14psi, so it really requires your ignition system, etc, to be in tip top shape. Some users have been getting away with the R on 93/94 pump gas, but when the hot pill added you will get a limp. Don't try it. I suggest you run as close to 100 octane as possible with the JB2HR.

Testing with downpipes on 91 octane is still underway.
Bad News!!
Just had a call from the dyno...
H pill is a big no-no for summers temps, right now here the temp was at 89degrees.(I'm located in Puerto Rico)
And the owner of the car called me and told me that A/F climbed to 12.5 and then decreased to 10-ish and even 9-ish.

The car before had 318hp with JB2 and with H-pill installed it gave 299HP.
I believe that what decreased those A/F ratios where the stock Ecu.

The 318hp where at night like a month ago, i believe that temps where like mid 70's.

So with 85 and up degrees it will not work.

We will give it a shot later on the week at nighttime with 93 octane to see if the problem is the temperature. Which I highly believe it is.
And we'll bring 4 gallons of 100 octane, to make later runs of the HR.

I'll get to you later on the week, with night temp results.

Happy New Year to everyone!
Appreciate 0