View Single Post
      01-31-2023, 09:45 AM   #3
AGONXF30
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i S-Line/Melbourne Red

I will post my findings so far, but this seems to be happening more often than not to some BMWs.

I have never had an issue with the sensor in my other BMWs, but a couple days ago at the gas station, when I normally check my oil level, I had the progress quit at 22% and no other errors would show. I tried three times and it would fail at the same spot. I turned off the car pumped my fuel and when I got back in the car, I tried again. It worked! So I moved the car and went to another level surface to try again. This time it would fail at 38% consistently after three tries.

I decided to research and this forum came up empty. I saw a YouTuber with another BMW (F34) where he has the same issues and he then cleared the error in the memory. I tried that and went for a driver, checked the oil once and it worked, but I have not checked it since to see if the fix is clearing the codes. The bahaviour seems software related. I will keep and eye and report back any changes or even fixes if it continues to do it.

Update:

I have read the oil level a few times since without issues.

Seems to be a software issue on my part. Still want to know what OP’s fix was/is.
Appreciate 0