12-27-2023, 07:44 AM   #19
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentley.wood View Post
Well, I guess negativity surrounds the game, possibly fueled by heightened expectations and skepticism after previous releases. But personally I like the game - a rich story is always crucial for me
I did probably have higher expectations for the game, but Bethesda also claimed a lot more than they delivered. It was not a "new" experience, it was not industry changing.

The story was bland and short IMO, characters are robots, NPC are robots. Quests are thoughtless and require minimal effort or skill. The only real fun quest was the one where you jump between realities because it actually made me think. Granted it's supposed to be about getting out and exploring and not focused as much on the story, it was still not exciting or captivating.

But, story aside, the biggest issue folks have is the copy/paste that was used everywhere. I can land on a planet, climb to he highest point and see the same landmarks, same textures, same shapes, same colors pasted over and over. I see the same facilities scattered about, all with roughly the same distance between them. Every facility type is the same layout, with the same NPC enemy locations with the same tactics and same patrol routes, same loot locations, etc. Once you've been to one research facility, one mining facility you've seen them all. It was clearly a "build 1000 worlds with minimal effort" strategy. All of that combined with a pointless ship gameplay thats literally just a means of fast travel to get you through numerous loading screens, it's just a meh game.

To top it off, we're told by Bethesda we are playing it wrong, and you're supposed to go out and explore and find new things. Whats new to find? Planets and locations are pretty much the same just with different colors, alien wildlife is all the same throughout the entire system and far too abundant and robotic, and I am forced to walk through it all while not ever coming across anything. Again, all locations are the same and all loot is in the same spots, so why walk around? I'm not going to stumble upon a random local settlement with fun and interesting side quests. And to top it off, this "exploration" game limits me to traveling 4.8km from my ship.....................

It's a very empty game right now, and for a game thats supposed to be about exploration theres literally nothing to explore.

The Creation Kit is being released soon, and I hope modders will run with it and bring some life to it all. I also hope Bethesda listesn to our feedback and addresses things in updates. They claim new ways to travel are coming, what that means no one knows. I think it has huge potential, but it did not live up to the hype, nor does it live up to expectations from a AAA studio that gave us Skyrim. THAT was a industry changing new experience.

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread
Appreciate 1
Rocket455493.50