06-27-2020, 02:52 PM   #9
cygnusecks
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 (G05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrowdad View Post
Thanks for your comments. As I explained in the intro to the video the rear fuse box was going to be my preferred option because (as you pointed out) access is easier than the front fuse box. In my case my Dashcam has a built-in power monitor and cut-off so I didn't need a separate battery voltage cut-off device but other readers may find your link useful if they need one so thanks again.
A HUGE thank you to barrowdad - based on your excellent video and commentary I felt confident to do the job myself! I installed a thinkware f800 pro. It went very smooth and I routed the wires identically to yours. I had your video queued and played over and over in the garage while installing. Front camera and power took about an hour. Rear about 2. Much like you I was dreading the rear wire routing but it wasn't too bad, hopefully my grommet doesn't leak in the back. And I avoided problems thanks to you!

Have you gotten any "battery low" messages due to the 10 minute delay of the ACC power after engine shutoff?
Appreciate 1