View Single Post
      12-22-2019, 08:52 PM   #109
mrjoed2
Banned
Rep
Drives: '14 650 M Sport Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch57 View Post
Seems pretty straight forward to me. For those who don't know, this is the meaning of "Apply" as used in the BMWCCA website.

From the Webster Dictionary. "Apply: to make an appeal or request especially in the form of a written application". Since when did "Apply" change from the above meaning to "Get" or to "Receive"?

How many people have "Applied" for a job but didn't get it? If they didn't get the job, even though they met all the qualifications and filled out the application correctly, does that mean the hiring authority didn't live up to the advertised job position opening every time someone "Applied" for the job but didn't get it?

It's all spelled out on their website. Someone correct me if I'm wrong and show me where it says you're guaranteed to get $1000.00 rebate just by filling out their application by the end of the this month.

I don't see this as being anything out of the ordinary at all. Nor do I see at as misleading. The rebate, in it's current form on the website, has said the same thing for the last 3 months. I applied for the rebate at the beginning of October. It said the same thing that it says now.

Man how times have changed...
That is the point, the BMWCCA rebate program has NOT changed on their website. In fact going through the application process it has the below at the beginning. Also this very different than applying for a job. There are specific terms & conditions spelled out to be eligible for the rebate. If you meet all of them, there is no reason you would not receive it. There would need to be a reason for the denial correct?
How is being say 1 of 25 job applicants the same as this specific rebate program? They can give the job to whoever they please & you have no recourse. Here if you meet the criteria, you will receive the rebate.
Or maybe your saying it's a scam & their denying random valid submissions?

BMWCCA REBATE APPLICATION

Please make sure you have all documentation ready in a digital format, preferably a PDF or Image file, before you begin this process. You will need a copy of your Bill of Sale, Certificate of Title, or Lease Agreement and potentially an Odometer Statement along with the VIN of your car to finish your application.

Our rebate is not applicable if your car is new and in excess of 1000 miles and if you have do not have at least a 3 year membership or have not been a member of the club for at least a year with no interruption. Please consult our website first for more details on our program: https://www.bmwcca.org/vehicle_rebate

After you have submitted your application you can expect to wait at least 8 weeks while our staff reviews and verifies your application.

If you need to reach out to our staff to make any changes in your application after you have submitted it, please email us at rewards@bmwcca.org.

You will be notified via email of any changes in the status of your application.

If your application is approved by BMW NA then you will receive a check in the mail for the amount of the rebate you have applied for.

Thank you and have a great day!
Appreciate 0