View Single Post
      03-19-2024, 09:33 PM   #3
gqgambler
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast & Furious

It's not easy. you need to familiarize yourself with the X5 to get good at searching. I use Cargurus, Autotrader, Cars.com, Carfax, and BMW to search all at the same time. you will find that not all cars appear on all sites and some get them listed faster than others. Search by year and trim that you want, then filter by color; those are the only filters I use. you'll make it harder in your search if you are apathetic to trim level. By far you will have more hits on a pre-LCI 40i (about 1500-2000), but if you are searching for a M50i you get <300 which is more manageable to comb through. Once you apply a color filter it really helps to whittle it down. I then look at pictures, DAAP has a different dash appears at the top of the instrument cluster, B&W stereo has a different center speaker on the dash. If I see something I like I go to the dealer site and look for the window sticker which is the most accurate. It can be a pain, but if you have the patience, you'll find something. If you don't have the patience, hire a car broker and they will find it for you.