View Single Post
      06-21-2017, 01:04 PM   #5
KenB925
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ZL1, Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by erictrainer View Post
Thanks a lot...great feedback...and sweet ride! Quite honestly the long one is going to be a real hard sale, don't think that will be happening. Agreed that with the third row up there is not much space back there, but still a lot better than the x5 with its sloped down roof.

How about rattles? I've always heard the typical forum blanket statement about rattles and creakiness because GM, what is your experience thus far and how much mileage you got on her? What year is yours, any significant model year changes since 2015 I shuold be aware of?
Our is a 2015, one of the first 8 speed trans that we could find (time was not on our side).

I am not aware of any significant updates, but I have not really been paying attention, they may have (hopefully) updated CUE with Apple Car play and such.

We have 33,000 miles, and I have no squeaks or rattles to report (and I am a freak about squeaks and rattles), the is an occasional noise from what sounds like the rear suspension (clunk, i guess I would call it) but it is only if you hit a particularly bad pot hole at freeway speed, and its one and done, I chalk it up to a body on frame solid axle vehicle with low profile tires.

The liftgate needs to be adjusted, at the very top of its travel its making a nasty sound, it hasn't been hit and its under warranty, so it shouldn't be a big deal.

It has had a couple of recalls, nothing major, just done with oil changes.

Its a good truck, GM has been making these things for a long time, and they are pretty good at it.

I would encourage you and your wife to take your stroller, diaper bag, and whatever seat is going in the third row to the dealership and see how it fits.

We thought we could leave one part of the third row down and put stuff in that way...maybe, but stuff would be falling on the kid all the time.

What pushed us over the edge is reading about 3 row crash ratings, and how there is/was very little specific 3rd row testing done, they are starting to do more of this now. There are of course some horrific 3rd row crash stories, but most fatal accidents are head-ons, where the third row is safer. I do know that I am comforted by that extra 3 feet of truck chassis between the rear bumper and my (now) 7 year old's head...even if she can be a bit difficult...

(made bold incase you read nothing else)
Appreciate 0