wjbender
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 40i M Sport

What a messy hastle buying from Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjbender View Post
I'm returning my Bavsound speakers and I have the Focal set on order from Ebay/Germany @ $654 for doors, and dash center. Bavsound is a noticeable improvement, but I hear a somewhat distorted sound on some vocals. Not the smoothness I expected. And that is when playing music at 50 -75% volume, so I'm not really pushing the HiFi amp. Well, let's hope they refund my $$ and that the Focal speakers perform better. After doing the install once, it will only take me 15 - 20 minutes per door to do it again. Not so scary now. I'll post an update after I do the install.
On October 19th I placed an order for Focal ICBMW100L, ISBMW100L, and ICCBMW100 speakers on EBAY from Germany. The tracking information stated that FedEx would deliver by Oct 27. To make a long story short, as of Nov 19 my speakers were not delivered. I contacted the vendor who stated that I had to pay import tax and then FedEx would deliver. I contactd FedEx and they told me that the shipper pays the tax. I contacted EBAY and they refunded my money.
So, be careful if you use "extremeaudio_carhifi" from Germany.
Appreciate 0