Pumxee
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirksael View Post
nice setup!
I bolted the amp to some soft plywood to keep it from scratching anything and used zipties to secure the whole thing.to an available hole in the trunk, but 3M tape should also work if it's the thick kind.

the LC2I has two low level cinch outputs, one for bass with a lowpass at 1Khz and one for full range. I used the bass output for my subwoofer amp, and the full range for the second amp.Connecting it all to the harness will become clear when you see it, it's all well marked.
The harness has a 12V output which you can use to power the LC2I, grounds are available all over the trunk.

One last tip: Don't use the ignition wire in the harness as a remote for the LC2I and amp, it did not switch off at all for the 30+ minutes I watched it after turning off the car. I ended up using the LC2I signal sensing feature (GTO it is called) to genate the remote signal for the amps.
Hey!

I got the harness in today. I'm a bit confused about the wiring.

This will be the setup:
A new single mono amp for the new sub and will leave the factory under-seat subs to work from the factory amp.

I've put some copy onto the attached image in which I have also numbered the parts so it's easier for you to reference the part! Would be super helpful if you could shed some light in how I should move forward on this.

Last question: Say I did want to power the front two subs from a new 2 channel amp in the future. What would I need to change say a year from now?
Attached Images

BMW Parts and Accessories

https://pumperformance.com
Appreciate 0