View Single Post
      10-14-2020, 11:46 AM   #312
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Mate look in my post above in #288 : I was talking about the smart "GREY ZONE" !
It's there ! There in that grey zone were all the messy cheating happens !

As you know the FIA = Financial speculation .
The FIA s@cks mate . Someone should ban the FIA !
Meanwhile the FIA is 100% responsible for the boring races of the last 6 seasons !

Jean Todt ! Give me a break !!!
well its a tradition mate... Ferrari is like a favorite kid in the family.. i do respect their history its great.. but even history of FIA has such things like this.. and probably more to come..

but Merc' is not cheating.. they re being inspected much much more now cause other teams putting a lot of pressure on FIA.. i love the team itself.. but tagging a team as a cheater is just execution without due process.. but Ferraris case is another level.. i agree it doesnt smell good..

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalAcacian View Post
Strongly disagree on that. Max is being actively hurt by the fact that he doesn't have a competent teammate. Especially because they are down on pace to the Mercedes, Redbull needs two fast drivers to be able to apply pressure to the Mercs and run under/overcuts.

A Hulk or Perez at RB next year would only help Max.
and i have to disagree with you.. driving good under pressure all those things aside not even commenting on that part.. Red Bull use Albon as a test pilot as well.. its clearly known now..

on Friday at German GP, Albon had a different chassis cause Red Bull is on a new suspension design that needs a different chassis.. who would try that Albon.. instead of doing high fuel runs, setup changes, quali sims Albon was about to try the unknown new chassis.. he could be faster but at the same not.. this year Albon's car wasnt even the same with Max at most of the races source Helmut Marko.. there is a limit that driver can cover for the car.. Max said few days ago, they re trying to soften the car a bit.. rear and front wise.. this years car as known as has nervous back end.. when drivability starts to go down by such things each time you push you have to take more risk.. this cars setup is good for late braking diving cause it was understeering less i believe thats the strongest part..
but if you remember Max was telling on radio car keeps understeering at German GP.. Red Bull is changing its characteristic of the car a bit.. but from your approach to Albon he is not in fair game.. yet..

and yes covering for Max could be nice some time to time but being the absolute #1 in the team is not that bad for Max at all.. team is around him for constructors point of view Red Bulls clear target was being number 2 again.. in my humble point of view.. when Red Bull gets faster, you cant sacrifice only one driver for parts to gather data.. it needs to be split between 2 for not losing points in total.. and Albon got his new engineer just few races ago.. Albon is a promising driver but his conditions is not ideal.. he might not performing %100 but at least %30-40 of his low performance is coming from he is being used as a test driver for Max.. i guess its better to judge him a bit more fairly in that case..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
One of the key reasons that Schumacher had such a high race/win ratio was insisting on being the absolute number one driver and having a subservient less competent team mate.

Both Verstappens know the benefit of this strategy....a team that has two drivers with similar levels of performance will see the wins shared between drivers and the chance of a DWC greatly reduced....2007 was a perfect example and Alonso was correct in telling Ron Dennis that by not making him their number 1 driver was going to cost McLaren the DWC.

But more important for Max Verstappen at RB is that having a weak team mate improves his reputation as one of the top drivers (while his slower team mate struggles in the *same* car).
Verstappen can't afford to be beaten again as he was by Ricciardo in their ~ two years together.
i agree with other part except Alonso's will cause they just lost it 1 point.. did they lost it yes but at some point if Alonso would a bit more fair to like in Hungary race they might win it.. and one more thing Albon's car is really not the same with Max Red Bull stated that as i ve mentioned above..