View Single Post
      11-09-2023, 05:51 AM   #9
thebmw
Post Advisor
Rep
Drives: More Manuals than Automatics

I buy and sell cars quite often . I've been through this process over 70 times. There are many of places you can list cars. As stated previously, AutoTrader is one option. Cars.com is another option and CarGurus is another option.

I have had zero success as a buyer and seller on Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist when it comes to cars specifically. That doesn't mean that there are not legitimate sellers and buyers on both sites. But it does mean that the vast majority are illegitimate buyers and a complete waste of time. Not worth the headache as a seller.

Bring A Trailer, as mentioned before, is an option. An alternative to that is Cars and Bids. Problem with those two sites are the reserve that THEY set. As mentioned before, sometimes they will not have a reserve and other times they will set a reserve that is way below the appraised value. I recently was selling a car and Cars and Bids wanted to set a reserve price that was almost half of the appraised value! Needless to say, I did not use their service.

For BMW enthusiasts, BMW CCA is an option but Collector Chassis is also an option and has become the de facto alternative to BMW CCA. There are many other sites for very rare cars or very expensive cars but I won't get into that in this reply. Hope that helps

Last edited by thebmw; 11-09-2023 at 05:58 AM..
Appreciate 4
LDT1583.00
1and11862.50
MonaJB3.00