View Single Post
      01-26-2024, 09:11 AM   #22
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep
Drives: OG M2 • Exige

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
Yeah... you have all the freedom in the world below the listed speed limit...Sorry, couldn't resist the jab
I look at the speed limit as a suggestion that changes depending on the traffic, weather, and light. It's interesting that if you're driving the right car on the right road in the right conditions, you don't have to exceed the limit by much, or at all to have a great time.

Quote:
I personally just think the definition of a "sports car" has evolved.
It just hasn't. To evolve the definition means to include cars that don't fit the idea. You're welcome to your opinion, no doubt a confirmation bias based upon your ownership experience, but there are no ///M Sports Cars, and never will be. It's just not a BMW thing to do. And you CAN'T replace the feeling of 1900-2800 lbs, no matter how much tech you throw at it.

Quote:
The M3 is not a track car, but it has the capability to handle the track out of the box.
Which literally has nothing to do with being a Sport Car. You're saying it's a great HPDE car, and I agree, but that doesn't reflect anything about being a Sports Car.

Quote:
Call it a "sports sedan" or a "very sporty GT car" if you'd like.
I call it a lumbering oaf that's fun to drive, but feels nothing like a true Sports Car.

My Exige is 1,875 lbs, and you're welcome to come drive it any time you like! This experience, my friend, will change your perspective on what a Sports Car is. It's not simply about fun, or weight, or manual, or 2-seat, or open-top, or RWD, it's all of the above, and something BMW has never offered.

City of Gold. by Andrew Thompson, on Flickr
Appreciate 0