Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M760li

Garage List
2019 BMW M760i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcote258 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokerswld34 View Post
just order a set of Pirelli scorpion performance winters for the X5MC factory 21/22" wheels. they have them in stock with 2 year road hazard. $1750 for all four . ($352/F and $499/R)

if you're not looking to buy rims too, I'd move on these before they run out of stock. I looked around and tirerack had the cheapest price by far.
I thought about going this route but was waiting to hear back about the cost to switch them out. This way seems to be a more "spread out your payments" sort of approach. My SA hit me back, saying it will cost $400 for a complete rotation of tires and do that two times a year, you can do the math. Over a few years (lease), we have esentially met the cost of just purchasing the wheel/tire package outright—however, a great way to approach winter setup without throwing 4-5K in one shot. There are other variables that I'm not taking into account as these are subjective. The time it takes to switch them out (time is money for some) and the additional cost to switch from one wheel set to another (negligible but relevant).
personally, I like seeing the car with the same rims year round. it's an M car and that why I picked it. it won't look as good for almost half the year with a winter rim package. I live in MA so snows go on usually by mid October and come off in April.

I understand your point on the hassle, and cost of swapping tires. however, unless you're swapping rims in your garage, the same hassle applies. $400 for a tire swap and balance is absurd. there are plenty of reputable tire shops that can do the same service for less. I've been swapping winter tires on high performance cars for a long time and never had issues at my tire shop. just some food for thought.
Appreciate 0