View Single Post
      03-09-2024, 04:27 PM   #3
Condorll
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X5 xDrive 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbc-yyc View Post
I have the Continentals on my X5, same spec as you've mentioned, and to me they're just about the absolute worst tires ever put on any vehicle I've ever owned. Extremely noisy, high tread wear, and unbearably uncomfortable. I will be replacing them with the Michelin PS4 SUV ZPs this summer.

I have 3 cars in my garage and all of them run on Michelin exclusively, all year around except the X5 in the summer when it runs on the Continentals. The Michelins never had a puncture, never had an issue tbh and ride, grip, comfort, handling has been supremely beyond anything any other brand has been able to provide.

I haven't heard anything good about the Toyos. The Pirelli RFTs are pretty old by design afaik. If it was me, I'd steer clear of any brand other than Michelin and Pirelli for these cars. Just isn't worth the hassle in my humble opinion.
I run a '23 X5 xDrive 40i on the 19" Bridgestone Alenza run flats which have a 10.5/32" new tread depth. The Michelin run flats new are 8.5/32". While I understand the rubber compounds might be different I have a feeling I would not get as comfortable a ride, nor as many miles out of the Michelin's. Can you comment on this ?
Appreciate 1
Rottweiler4028.50