Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘20 X5/M50i (ordered); &

Garage List
2014 BMW / 650  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tellch00 View Post
So, just picked up my new mineral white Msport today. tried to read as many of the posts here on the ipod topic as i could. was concerned that this would be an issue as i have a pretty sizeable library and music is important to me.

When going over the car at the dealer, i first tried my old fashioned ipod classic (the one with the wheel lol). this would have been my preferred choice. it recognized it right away and played. however, after going in to do my paperwork it did not work when i got back in the car. just seemed like it just locked up, screen went black. I recently bought a gen. 7 ipod touch last week just in case so we plugged that in next. all seemed to work - shuffle, album art, etc.

when i go back to the car after shutting it down, it shows the song where it left off, album art, but the clock says 0:00 and it does not start playing. if i skip to next song it will show next song info/art but the clock stays at 0. the only way to get it going is to physically hit the > button on the ipod itself. then it starts playing.

am i doing something wrong here or is it just the way it is?
Your doing something wrong. I have a iPod connected to my '20 X5 and it works. Occasionally I have to reload but then it works.
Appreciate 0