View Single Post
      06-11-2023, 05:03 PM   #97
juliew
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 50e

Quote:
Originally Posted by javapro View Post
No, that’s the wrong part number. Here is a nice summary about the flexible fast charger that comes with 50e that someone posted in the 50e Facebook group:

“Flexible Fast Charger (FFC) info from 50e bimmerpost forum.
There are 2 versions. The 50e FFC is version 2 and the 240v NEMA pigtail is different between v1 and v2. I spent a great deal of time with the dealer trying to get Level 2 (240v) charging working for the included FFC, including getting the wrong cable (which will fit, but throws a fault), reordering it since it was assumed bad, even dropping the car off at the dealer so they could check out the FFC.

This was more a minor annoyance since I got a $239 EVSE from Amazon made by WorkersBee that has worked great and successfully charges the car in about 3+ hrs.

So here’s the part number info for the Facebook group.
Cable BMW #61905A13A61 is NEMA 14-50 cable for v1 of the FFC and will
NOT work with the FFC v2 included with the 50e
Cable BMW #61448490525 is the correct NEMA 14-50 cable for the 50e FFC v2. I believe it is just entering the ordering systems and there are supply issues and they are back ordered. That may clear up quickly (personal speculation)

Hope this saves some people time. It’s been a frustrating issue for me to get the correct answer and part number.”
Cost aside, is there any reason it is better to wait for the backordered Nema 14-50 cable for 50e (part #61448490525) vs just getting a full Nema 14-50 Level 2 charger on Amazon that will work as well? https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I will say that I see reviews on products like the charger above in Amazon that say they die after 1 year of use (i.e., after the warranty expires)
Thanks,
Julie
Appreciate 0